Thursday, February 7, 2013

Workout Diaries: V.X

Img_67071_large
Thursday is already here again and I cannot believe it! This week I was able to get right back on track, and I added weight training to my workout routine which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (ehhhh except for ab day, which almost killed me!)
 
This week I actually got to be one of those girls - I caught myself checking out my calf muscles in the mirror and boy does it feel good to see them looking good after all those miles I've been putting on them!
To see past diary entries, >>> CLICK HERE <<<

Weightloss Goal & Pounds Lost To Date:

My goal is to lose a total of 60 pounds. So far I've lost a total of 6 pounds since the beginning of January. I decided to not weigh myself this week because honestly last week bummed me out. What I have noticed is that my legs look much more toned and my stomach is getting smalled. Clothes are starting to fit much better and so that's all I really cared about this week!

What’s Keeping Me Motivated:

>> THIS << calorie counter. I know I say this every week but damnnnnn it really does keep me in check.
I'm also prepping for the (Love Rox) race next FRIDAY! I can't even believe that it's already here but I am excited to see how much of it I can actually jog.... my goal is to jog the whole thing so we shall see. I'm also prepping for the 5k (Rugged Maniacs) in May. Andddd I'm getting ready for the Color Me Rad 5k April 20th. My schedule is packed and I love it!

How I'm Staying Active:

I am so lucky that I can walk to and from work, and that's such an easy 3 miles to knock out each day. I've also been running 2 miles straight in the gym every week day and added weights. I do arms on Monday's (lateral pull down, bicep curls, tricep pushdown, and dumbells), work my core on Tuesdays (crunches, planks, bent knee hip raises), and then lower body on Friday (stability ball squats, forward lunges, lying abduction, lying leg curls). This was my first week of weight training and it was hard and my whole body is so sore..... but I kind of love it! I'm excited to get stronger!

Healthy Foods I’ve Tried:

My diet has gotten much healthier and I'm happy that things are finally becoming routine. I really like eating the same things over and over again, so a routine is what I was looking for. I eat a ton of fruit, lots of veggies, and drink water constantly. We eat a lot of baked chicken in our house, but this week I haven't really been in the mood for meat and I've eaten more pasta than I probably should.

Goals For The Upcoming Week:

Next week I really want to just keep up with the weight training and continuing to go 5 days a week. I saw something that I really liked this week and motivated me - people always assume that going to the gym every day is always going to be enjoyable. It's like a marriage... not every day of being married is easy and carefree, some days are more work than others.
How have you been staying active?
*Workout Diaries is a weekly post that will track and monitor the progress that I am making as I attempt to lose 60 pounds. Please feel free to follow along and post your success stories or struggles in the comments section!
 

2 comments:

  1. I run to stay active.... I love it - keeps me sane, keeps my endorphins up :) Very cool Blog!!

    Jayma @ http://jaymastips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!