Monday, April 29, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter, Honey, and Oat Dog Treats

 
I've been really getting into baking on Sunday's and this weekend I decided to treat my pups to some homemade dog treats. These were so easy, so cheap, and are so healthy! My dogs ate them right up and kept on begging for more...
 
 
I tweeked this recipe to fit what I already had laying around.... and frankly I like my version better so here goes.....
 
 
What You'll Need:
 
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups quick oats (I used the instant breakfast kind... 2 packs plain, 2 packs brown sugar, 2 packs apple cinnamon)
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup warm water
 
What You'll Do:
 
[one] preheat the oven to 350 degrees
[two] warm the peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute (or until easy to stir)
[three] grind up oats in a food processor until a course flour
[four] mix everything together
[five] work the dough into a ball and roll out on a floured countertop or surface until about 1/4 inch thick
[six] cut the dough into shapes
[seven] gently transfer the shapes to a greased cookie sheet
[eight] bake for 10 minutes and then flip cookies over, bake an additional 5 minutes
[nine] let you pups eat a little of the leftover dough ;)
[ten] let cool & enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!