Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Chef Tuesdays: The Very Best Chicken Enchiladas

These days, I've been craving Mexican like nobodies business! I really like making food at home rather than going out to a restaurant, because you can control the portion sizes and also because you know exactly what's going into your meal. One of my favorite things to make are Chicken Enchiladas... and this recipe will totally blow your mind!
The Very Best Chicken Enchilada's:
 
 
 
What You'll Need:
  • 1 can of enchilada sauce (or you can make your own white sauce… my friend Sarah has a pretty B-A recipe of her own HERE!)
  • Tortillas
  • 1/2 lb chicken (I used 3 frozen chicken breasts)
  • 1 1/2 cups of Mexican Blend shredded cheese
  • 1 jar of your favorite salsa
  • Taco seasoning
  • Sour Creme


  • What You'll Do:
  • Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a glass pan (I used an 11 x 14 size and still had room)
  • Boil the chicken for about 10 minutes on high (or place in a crock pot on low for 3-4 hours)
  • With a fork, shred chicken into a skillet
  • Add: taco seasoning (to taste – I used 1/3 of the pack because I like it a little spicy!), 1/3 jar of enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup cheese and 1 cup salsa
  • Mix together on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes
  • Spoon the mixture into soft taco shells and place on pan, folded side down
  • Add the rest of the enchilada sauce and 1/2 cup cheese
  • Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until cheese is melted) and add sour creme, enjoy!

  • **For a healthier version (which I enjoyed last night): throw out the tortilla and layer ingredients in a bowl. Our tortilla's added an extra 250 calories... and I personally liked it just as much without the extra bread! Also.... if you're really hard core you can leave out the sour creme and cheese, but I personally do not have that much will power!
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!