Thursday, November 7, 2013

 
This is me today. Last Sunday I decided to give up television, and so here I am: straightened hair and make up. Amazing what happens when I have a few extra hours on hand.
 
I'm on vacation today. My job has really been stressing me out lately, and so I decided it was time for two days home. By myself. Relaxing. I've been reading God Shaped Hole for the trillionth time, listening to sappy girl music, and deep cleaning like crazy. All in all, a successful day. I haven't had a vacation in almost two years... so these two days are pretty special and very much needed.
 
Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I've actually become one of those annoying people who obsess over their work and talk about it constantly. Eight months ago I left my boring ass case manager desk job and settled into running a teenage girls group home. It's so much fun and obviously very rewarding, but it has it's share of drama and turning my phone off today felt really great. So did not being surrounded by teenage girls in the midst of this moments "life crisis." I love those girls, though.
 
Tonight I'm going to the opening premier of Thor and am ready to totally nerd it out. Ok, not totally. I'm not dressing up or anything like that. But still. Speaking of nerding it out, I also spent some time this afternoon couponing for my grocery run tomorrow. Who am I?
 
Anyway, short and sweet. This is just a friendly reminder to slow down every once in a while and take a day or two to do whatever makes your heart happy. In my case, that's books. And cleaning. Whatever. It's important.

2 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful that you listen to yourself and realise when you need a day or two off. I also admire you for giving up TV. So many more hours to fill!

    Sweet Apple Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!