Monday, April 8, 2013

An Anniversary, A Week Early


(us almost a year ago!)
 
This weekend N and I celebrated our anniversary a week early, since he will be out of town next weekend (officially, 1 year will be April 13th). I can't believe it's already been a whole year - so many good things have happened in my life this year and he has had a lot to do with that.
 
Our original plans were to go hot air ballooning on Saturday morning and then camp in Williamsburg that night. I was really disappointed when I called the balloon place and was told that it would be too windy to go, but N quickly planned a delicious brunch out and a trip to a Ghost Tour that was happening near our campsite that evening. Holy crap... that was such an amazing idea and I had so much fun learning about the history of Williamsburg and also some creepy stories about the people who used to live there........ and maybeeeee still make an appearance every once in a while. The best part is that we still have the hot air balloon to look forward to next month, so we got to do both!
 
We spent the entire day Saturday setting up our campsite and hanging out by the fire. I love going camping when it's just the two of us, because we always have the best conversations and it's so nice spending time together without any distractions.We made bbq chicken over the fire and roasted potatoes and onions. I ate about 23457348957 marshmallows. We made goals for ourselves personally and for our relationship.
 
It really was the best weekend that I've had in a long time, and that's saying a lot because when our initial plans didn't work out I was instantly bummed and ready to cancel the whole thing. I'm so glad that I didn't and that we were able to spend that time together. I'm so lucky that I am with a person who is so supportive of me and my life goals, and who is not only my boyfriend but my teammate and best friend. My man really is my personal super-hero and protector and I am so in love with him - every day I am more and more thankful of who he is and all of the things that he does for me.
 
~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!