Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Very Richmond Weekend

I have been such a bad blogger. I guess I've just been busy living life rather than writing about it... and in my opinion, that's a very good problem to have.
 
Just a little picture from bike week. We had so much fun - 80 degree's and sunny and we had a condo right on the beach. Gahhh can I just brag about our view for a minute....
Nothing can beat this! I can't wait for summer and more beach trips!
 
Anyway, this weekend Nelson's cousin and his friend came to visit from New York. Some people like to complain about how boring Richmond is... but I'm sorry, people who say those things obviously don't know where to look for fun ;)
 
We started off the weekend with a trip to Maymont Park. The weather was perfect and all of the baby animals were out for spring... if you're ever in the area, I highly recomend coming to Maymont for a fun and free afternoon.
 
After a day of walking, we hit up Carey Town Burgers & Fries - my favorite place for burgers in the whole entire Universe. I got cheese fries and a classic cheese burger - sorry there are no pictures, we pretty much inhaled everything! One of the guys ordered the Flying Squirrel... which is a hamburger with peanut butter on it! I don't know if I'm that brave... but it actually looked really good.
 
We then obviously went to Yapple Yogurt. Again, I fat kid hoarded mine before any pictures could be taken.
 
Saturday we went the the Poe Museum, which has been on my Richmond bucket list for about 3 years now. This was such a great time.. only $6 and they had so many cool things that he owned or hand wrote.... again, you really need to see it if you're ever in town. I think my favorite part was this really cool comic display of the Tell Tale Heart...
 
Andddd Sunday we went to Godfrey's. If you live in or near Richmond, you've heard of our favorite Drag Brunch and I can honestly say I've been twice and the show never dissapoints!
I don't think I ever sing as loud as I do at this brunch and I'm such the mimosa's are partly to blame. We hung out with the Queen's a little after the show and it was suuuuch a blast.
 
...
 
So that's what I've been up to lately. I'm going to try to be a better blogger this month... I have an anniversary coming up and several furniture projects that I definintly want to brag about.
 
What's your favorite thing about where you live?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!