Thursday, January 31, 2013

Workout Diaries: IX

Img_67071_large
 
This has been a little of an ''off week'' for me. And I say that because even though I was able to run 3 miles straight on Monday (I've never been able to do that in my entire life!!!!!), I have only been to the gym 3 times this week and only putting in an average of around 3 miles a day.... so it hasn't been terrible, but I'm still a little dissapointed because I've done better in the past.
 
In all honestly, I got a little discouraged because I've been counting calories like crazy and running my butt off only to find that I didn't lose a single pound this week. How is that even possible?!?!?! Luckily, my man is a personal trainer and knows wayyyy more about exercise than I do... and he said that I've just reached a ''plateau'' (and that I may be doing too much cardio?) and is designing a workout for me to start first thing on Monday! (gahhh love him so much!!)
 
To see past diary entries, >>> CLICK HERE <<<

Weightloss Goal & Pounds Lost To Date:

My goal is to lose a total of 60 pounds. So far I've lost a total of 6 pounds since the beginning of the month. I should be excited and yes I know that is a big thing... but like I said this week has been really frustrating. Hopefully next week I'll be back to my motivated self again! 

What’s Keeping Me Motivated:

>> THIS << calorie counter is still keeping my butt in check... I am continually surprised at how many calories certain foods have in them. I actually refused to drink a beer over the weekend because I "didn't want to drink my calories" haha who am I?!
I'm also prepping for the (Love Rox) race next month and a 5k obstacle course race (Rugged Maniacs) in May. I also decided to sign up for the Color Me Rad 5k over the weekend, and that is April 20th... so my schedule is packed with races and I am lovinggggg it!
 
Also...... I just found out that I'm going to Daytona Beach in March soooo yeah I definintly want to look my best for that! ;)

How I'm Staying Active:

I'm still walking a total of 3 miles every day, just walking to and from work. Monday I put in an additional 4 miles at the gym, but Tuesday work didn't permit me going at all and Wednesday I just wasn't feeling it so I only put in an additional 2 miles. I keep reminding myself that I really want to run a 1/2 marathon next year, and that I won't be able to do that unless I really work for it. Next week I introduce weight triaining, so I'm interested to see what difference that will make and if I will start enjoying that as much as I've started to genuinly enjoy cardio. We'll see! It's a work in progress!

Healthy Foods I’ve Tried:

I'm still eating a lot of fruits and I've been continuing to limit my portion sizes. Things are getting easier in this area, and I actually like snacking on fruits and veggies now!

Goals For The Upcoming Week:

I'm starting weight training next week, which is something totally new to me. So my main goal is to just stay motivated with that and continue to work out 5 days a week.
*Workout Diaries is a weekly post that will track and monitor the progress that I am making as I attempt to lose 60 pounds. Please feel free to follow along and post your success stories or struggles in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!