Monday, May 20, 2013

Staying Active & Finding Encouragement

I haven't done a Workout Diary in a while now, but I wanted to let you know that I am still keeping up with my fitness goals and staying active!
 
I have completed 3 races this year and I have 3 more in my future this summer.
 
I have been getting up to run at 6am before work.
 
I continue to stay active on the weekends and eat healthy every day.
 
What makes all the difference in the world is having a support system; a group of friends who share your goal of staying active, who hold you accountable, and who cheer you on and encourage you throughout your journey.
 
 
For me, joining Pure Warrior Fitness was a turning point. It's a group of friends who is always finding ways to stay active and even though we are working hard and getting in shape, we are also having so much fun!!!
 
This weekend we walked several miles to and from the Dominion Riverrock Festival and had so much fun learning about the different outdoor activities that Virginia has to offer. This summer, we plan on doing a lot of hiking, camping, ziplineing, rock climbing, and biking.
 
Photo: BFFs
 
 
 
Saturday and Sunday we watched slack-line competitions, speed climbing matches, dog-jumping contests, and listened to some great music.
 
We also explored the City and checked out some murals that we hadn't really paid attention to before.... my favorite:
 
(gotta love the James River ;)
 
 
There are so many free and fun things to do, no matter where you live. You really just have to know where to look for them!
 
 
If you are in the Richmond Area or are just looking for some online support and encouragement, check them out -
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all mean spirited comments to yourself... that means you anonymous!